Thursday, June 10, 2010

Construction Work

Those of you who know me know how handy I (Scott) am with my hands. Both Beckham and Paisley were having trouble staying in their beds (and mosquito nets) throughout the night...which equals me having trouble getting a good sleep. The bunk beds, which don't have a ladder on them, were pretty 'mobile' and squeaky too.

Enter Scott the handy man.

I don't want to bore you with the details......just a few quick points:

-Two six foot 1x4 pieces of wood purchased in Mpigi town
-One pen to measure the wood flush to the bed frame (didn't end up flush)
-Some duct tape (which was actually packaged and called Duck Tape!)
-One hand saw compliments of Pat Kenyon
-One hammer
-Eight nails

End result? Two new 'bed guards' on the lower beds to keep Beck & Pais where they should be and the bed frames that no longer move.

Or in other words: Problem solved.

I don't want to brag...It was nothing really.....no big deal....just another day in Uganda working with my hands.

Now off to deal with a plumbing issue...

Supplies needed: One screwdriver

Signing off,

Scott 'tool-time' Dickie

3 comments:

  1. Annndddd....Scott 'the tool man' Dickie :) Great Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Tim, was Tracy wearing a plaid shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure enjoying the pics Tracey. It is awesome seeing those kids all playing and getting along so well. Why can't adults hey?? Makes you wonder. This is a wonderful thing you are doing and I commend you for it. Have you seen any snakes? That is the one thing that would scare me skinny. hope Scott is feeling better. Take care and God bless you all
    Anne Shockey

    ReplyDelete